Thursday, January 27, 2005

Kinky Books

Dr. Sexson was talking about all the kinky things we do with books, all the touching, etc. While I've never intentionally done anything kinky with a book, I thought the discussion of touching and speaking (oaths, spells, etc.) was interesting. Words when combined with physical contact some how seem to have more impact.

Case in point: I was about thirteen when I joined my church group on a trip to Tacoma for a confrence. One night in Seattle (we stayed various places on the trip to and from) a fellow eighth grader, Molly, apparently was wandering around incoherent and hallucinating. Which according to her friend was something that happened "occasionally". Molly was/is a drama queen, so I regarded her preformance with a grain of salt. In any event, we also had three Costa Rican students with us who preformed a laying on of hands to purge Molly from the evil spirits. I don't know if it worked or not, but Molly has not had any more episodes (to my knowledge) since.

Placing a hand on the Bible when giving testimony, laying on of hands, the power of contact in casting a spell, even rubbing the lamp to release the jinn- contact when combined with words creates a powerful bond to enlighten and inform.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home