Tuesday, February 08, 2005

My Memory Forest

I've decided that I'd do a much better job of memorizing my book titles if it was tied not to my childhood home, but rather to my childhood yard.

I lived in a higly forested area in LP Michigan (I'm sure you all know what LP stands for). The whole area has Odyssey-like associations for me as there are specific games, some of them lasting years, tied to virtually every memorable tree, bush, or thicket in the area. I get warm fuzzies thinking about it, so I think as a whole my memory forest will work better for me than a tour of my house.

Had I lived in Montana I'd need the whole state to have a enough trees to make a memory forest. Shakespeare is the clump of junipers on the property line, the Bible where we found the dead squirrel, Don Quixote where I made the leaf chains... And so on, and so on, ad nauseum. I'm inordinately pleased with my memory forest, which is going to make this task infinitely easier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home